Veteran & Military Funding Assistance

The advantage of being a military students is that you have several additional ways to pay for your education compared to a typical college student. In fact, their are even some financial assistance options that may not be required you to pay them back.

What Kinds of Funding Are Available?

As you start looking into career programs, you should consider all the different types of funding options you have available. Because of your service in the military, you may be to gain credits for your experience and potentially start a program with little to no tuition costs.

Here are some of the financial assistance options available to you as a military student or a spouse of someone in the military:

Veteran’s Benefits

The State Approving Agency for the United States Department of Veterans Affairs facilitates the administration and awarding of aid for those who qualify. Valley College participates in the Montgomery GI Bill. Valley College accepts all Chapters of the VA.

MyCAA (Veteran’s Spouse Benefits)

Valley College is approved to administer My Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) benefits for spouses of certain active military duty personnel. Eligibility criteria can be obtained from the Department of Financial Aid.

Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed either the annual maximum cap for private institutions or the resident tuition and fees for a public institution. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution. Please contact the Valley College financial aid department for additional eligibility criteria.

Get Guidance On Your Funding Options

The dedicated Financial Aid Advisors at Valley College are happy to help you explore your options and understand the funding services open to you.

If you or someone you care about has questions about Veterans Education Benefits, regular Financial Aid, programs or anything else, please call the campus nearest you to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable Advisor.

Beckley: 304-252-9547
Martinsburg: 304-263-0979
Online: 888-535-3276
Princeton: 304-425-2323